Taking the club forward
Bushy Park Sports Club is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) run by a committee of trustees. Trustees work closely with representatives of all sports sections to support our goals of:
- Supporting each section to develop and grow
- Maximising usage of the grounds and facilities
- Widening our appeal within the local community
Trustees also attend a number of committees that cover the management of the grounds, bar and pavilion and membership. To find out more about how the club is managed, read these important documents.
Meet the team
Changing for the better
These are exciting times for Bushy Park Sports Club. We’re actively expanding our offering as part of our aim to become one the leading independent community clubs in the area within the next 3-4 years.
This ambition was sparked by the Royal Parks’ decision to grant us a 21-year licence in 2013, enabling the club to develop long-term plans. It’s already had a positive impact with:
- The Football Foundation, London Marathon Trust, Sport England and HFAC investing £500,000 to build our high-spec, low energy changing room block
- Increasing commitments from National Physics Laboratory, The Football Association, ECB, LTA and other sporting bodies
- Newland House School hiring grounds for pupils during the week and investing £150,000 to refurbish the Pavilion
The trustees have recently overseen a major project, turning the Pavilion into a larger, versatile and fully accessible space. The Pavilion is the oldest building on the site, dating from 1923. It’s been added to over the years but a major upgrade was overdue.
- A radically-improved exterior with double-glazed tri-fold doors opening out onto the club grounds
- Lowering of floors to improve access
- Creation of extended storage
- Upgrading of insulation and other ways to reduce carbon footprint
- Improvement of ground staff facilities to improve standards of upkeep
This has turned the Pavilion into a larger, versatile and fully accessible space used by many of our fitness classes as well as being a fabulous venue to celebrate special events. Contact our Events team if you would like to use this or any of our other spaces.
Help us to help Bushy Park Sports Club
We’re always looking for people who share our desire to continue growing the club. If you'd like to help or would like any more information about the Committee and the current plans for BPSC, contact us; we would love to hear from you.